Friday, December 6, 2013

Grumpy Ranting Blog (Written Nov. 28th, 2013 AKA THANKSGIVING)

So today I was supposed to go on my host sister’s field trip to Yungay (no idea if that’s even remotely close to being right), where there’s a zoo with ostriches, monkeys, Peruvian fox-dogs, and a ton of other cool creatures, and to Acopalca, where there’s a lake, a waterfall, and another volunteer.  It was going to be a really awesome trip—that is until 3:45 when I woke up to get ready and discovered that my stomach hated the world and everything in it.  I was one sick puppy.  If you’ve got a delicate disposition or prefer not to read about a person’s bodily functions than read no further.  If you don’t mind then get set because I am grumpy.

IT IS BEAUTIFUL OUT! IT’S SEVEN AM AND THE SUN IS SHINING, THERE’S A SLIGHT BREEZE AND ITS GORGEOUS! IT’S THE MIDDLE OF RAINY SEASON AND THERE’S NO RAIN! IT’S THE PERFECT DAY FOR A ZOO AND WATERFALL OUTING AND I AM ALTERNATING BETWEEN SHITTING MYSELF SILLY AND LYING PRONE WILLING MY STOMACH TO STOP CRAMPING.  I’M FEELING GOOD ENOUGH TO RANT (AS YOU CAN TELL) BUT THE THOUGHT OF FOOD MAKES ME NERVOUS AND NAUSEOUS.  THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY JAW ACHES FROM MY THROWING UP MARATHON EARLIER AND THERE’S NO CELL SERVICE IN MY ROOM.  IF IT WAS RAINING OUT, THIS WOULD BE THE PERFECT SICK DAY.  I HAVE A BILLION HOURS OF TV AND MOVIES TO WATCH ON MY HARD DRIVE, BUT NO. IT’S THE BEST DAY OF THE YEAR AND I’M NOT AT THE ZOO OR THE WATERFALL.

I’m done. The problem is that I’m starting to feel well enough that I’m doubting the decision of my 4:00 am sick self to stay home.  Even though logically I know I was right to stay, as I literally puked my goodbye to my family.  It’s like everyone is going to Multnomah Falls on the first nice day of summer without me.  Man, now I’m not just grumpy, I’m bummed.  Plus side I guess this means I’m settling in quite nicely?

All I can say is that Arrested Development better be as good as people say it is, because I sense a day of binge-watching coming my way.  And if my stomach can take it I’m breaking into the chocolates.


Besos…

Update: Definitely made the right decision as the vomiting continued.  Thank God for Cipro, that which cures all.

No comments:

Post a Comment