Friday, December 6, 2013

My name is Senorita (Written Dec. 1st, 2013)

My name is Kassel Claire Galaty.  That is a mouthful in Spanish however, so I shortened it to Keisi (KC) Galaty.  Then some Peruvian children laughed when I said my last name is Galaty, so, lest I make some scandalous joke in Quechua, I don’t offer up the Galaty unless asked.  But I can count on one hand the number of occasions I have been actually called Keisi.  My name is Senorita.  La Senorita is my full title. Gringa is my nickname.


I just thought I should let you all know of my name change.  Here are some pictures of Peruvian children and sheep.

Besos!


Yemelly, age 8, Giselle, age 5, and Fausto, age 5, in the midst of constructing the alphabet floor carpet


I taped posters to the wall as they worked.  This picture will be making its way into one of my official informes as it just screams "Look! I'm working"


I just died, they were so excited about the pictures


Like so excited.


My life now.


Has a sheep ever looked so heroic?


Late afternoon as the sun shines its rays, beautiful scenery to follow.  Captions unnecessary if you ask me.



No comments:

Post a Comment