Sunday, January 19, 2014

Showering in Site

Well guys, I finally did it.  After climbing up my mountain (see the last blog post) a shower was deemed necessary by all parties (aka me).

I come home ready to strip immediately and simply throw myself into the shower only to find the bathroom….occupied.  By someone in the shower.  After nearly a month of wondering if the shower was even used, the one time I am in a desperate need to shower, it’s taken.  What?!

I pace in my room a bit, wishing desperately to be free of my own sweat.  I’ll skip over the (seemingly) endless waiting and get to the important part—glacially cold water bursting from the showerhead.  Easily the shortest shower of my life.  I resolved to wimp up and go for a heated bucket shower the next time round.

THE NEXT TIME ROUND

Heated bucket showers are the best thing in the world.  For a few brief minutes you entire body is warm, free of the rain, wind, and cold that tends to plague the elements as soon as I decide to shower. 

Moral of the story:  I will probably not go 12 days without showering again.


Besos!


No comments:

Post a Comment