Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Summer (Well, Really Winter) Vacations in Huantar (July 31st, 2014)

There’s a two-week vacation from school here in Huantar and the boredom has already set in, despite there still being twelve more days to go.  No one seemed especially excited for it to come, nearly every child, mother, and father knew that it would bring nothing but malaise.  So far today, my host sister and I have drawn, done yoga, and I sent her on a pointless but time-consuming scavenger hunt.  The items on the list?

  • A live spider
  • A soccer ball
  • A flower
  • A marble
  • A dog with four white paws
  • Red sandals
  • A rock the size of her head
  • A fork with only three tines
  • A person who can raise each eyebrow individually

It did not take nearly as much time to find these items as I initially hoped.

Here’s a picture of what I drew today:




Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment