Monday, October 7, 2013

Picture Time!

All right folks.  Lots has happened since I last posted, in the sense that I did a little traveling, and also not a lot has happened, in the sense that I do pretty much the same thing everyday. But while I work on writing the past few weeks into scintillating and humorous tidbits for you, my dedicated readers, I will try to satisfy your curiosity with PICTURES.

Let's start with where I live:

This is my bedroom (note the neatly-made bed, made by yours truly every morning)




This is the dining room, (the seat closest to you in the frame is my seat.  It is a prime TV-viewing seat. My host brother Luis, called Phillipe, has the ideal spot at the head of the table right in front of the doors.  Is a prime TV-viewing seat an important part of my relationship with my host family?  Yes.  It is essential.  How else would I keep up with my comedic soap Al Fondo Hay Sitio [don't try to translate it, its an inside Peruvian joke]),



where I eat the delicious food my madre anfitriona (host mom) Gloria makes for me in the kitchen


Picture of my actual host family to come.  But here are three of the most important members of my host family:


The caramel blur on the left is Carmelo, who enjoys picking on and occasionally humping Napo (aka Napoleon), who is in the middle and is the son of Dunca, on the right.  I only recently discovered the trick to make them all sit still, which is to eat a piece of bread while they watch.  In case you were wondering, Dunca is my favorite.  She doesn't jump or bite, and she sits at my feet during dinner.  Plus she's shaggy and adorable.

There it is, a preview of my home here in Peru.  Here I have a family that laughs at my highly accented and broken jokes, deliberately exposes me to a myriad of Peruvian foods, and generally makes me feel loved every time I come home.  

Oh, and I finally got that picture I wanted to show you all last time.



Besos.


No comments:

Post a Comment