Thursday, April 10, 2014

I can't do crossed out words in the title so...

Weird Delicious Foods Kassel Has Eaten: Goat Cheese edition


I live pretty exclusively on Peruvian dishes.  I may occasionally toss some balsamic vinegar on my lettuce and every Monday I treat myself to some Peanut M&Ms, but breakfast is punky and bread, lunch is escoviche with jugo de auaymanto, and dinner is reheated lunch.  So imagine my delight when I discovered that every Saturday in Lima, near a picturesque park, there is an organic farmer’s market that has goat cheese.  It among the best goat cheese I have ever tasted in my life and there are some twenty kinds.  It melts in your mouth.  You forget as walk down the stalls that you are leagues and leagues away from the United States.  And sometimes, just sometimes, it is nice to pretend.

Besos!

P.S. Yogurt-covered pretzels are also pretty damn incredible

No comments:

Post a Comment